Great River Friends recently donated $18,550 to Great River Medical Center.
The money will fund items to be used at the hospital and Great River Klein
Center, a long-term and skilled nursing facility on the hospital’s
West Burlington campus.
All projects will enhance patient and elder experiences. They include:
- COVID-19 mask-making supplies
- Plant watering system
- Repotting plants in waiting areas
- Supplies for making comfort pillows for patients
- Gardening supplies for patients in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Program
- Swaddling sleep sacks for newborns
- Long-handled sponges for rehabilitation patients
- Donor breast milk for newborns who need it
- Entertainment for elders at the Klein Center
- Pediatric immobilizer for X-rays
“The immobilizer secures small children in the correct position for
chest X-rays,” said Greg Fields, director, Diagnostic Imaging. “It
helps radiologic technologists get good X-rays without motion from the
child. It also reduces radiation exposure to parents or other technologists
who otherwise would have to hold children during the procedure. We are
grateful to Great River Friends for this gift.”
Great River Friends supports Great River Medical Center with the gifts
of time, talent and treasure. For more information, please call Volunteer
Services at 319-768-3340.