The annual Medicare open enrollment period is from Thursday, Oct. 15 through
Monday, Dec. 7. During this time, participants have the option of changing
to a different prescription plan for 2021.
Each year, Medicare prescription drug plans are revised. With these changes:
- Monthly premiums, deductibles or copay amounts may change.
- There may be drug restrictions.
- Medications may no longer be covered because of formulary changes.
It is possible that existing plans may not be the best plan for next year.
How to do a drug plan comparison
Because of COVID-19, Great River Medical Center’s Senior Health Insurance
Information Program (SHIIP) office won’t be providing in-person
appointments. Here are options for doing a drug plan comparison:
Log on to your
www.mymedicare.gov account using the username and password you created. If you have not yet
created an account, it is easy to do. Your prescriptions and drug plan
information are stored in the system and you can run a comparison by following
the steps on the website.
- Call 800-Medicare 800-633-4227. Medicare staff will help you by telephone.
- Schedule a telephone appointment with a Great River Medical Center SHIIP
counselor. Call 319-768-3342.