Great River Friends recently awarded $12,000 in scholarships to students
pursuing health care careers.
Twelve $1,000 scholarships were given in two categories. Scholarships for
high school seniors were awarded to:
- Grace Dupuis, Notre Dame High School, pre-pharmacy, University of Iowa
- Jamie Gerhardt, Burlington Community High School, nursing, University of Iowa
- Zakkary Getz, West Burlington Arnold High School, pre-pharmacy, Drake University
- Makenna Hall, Central Lee High School, pre-medicine, University of Iowa
- Bailey Hollis, Hamilton (Illinois) High School, human physiology, University of Iowa
- Elyse Pothitakis, Holy Trinity High School, nursing, University of Iowa
- Elizabeth Swafford, Winfield-Mount Union High School, medical science,
Kirkwood Community College
Continuing-college scholarship winners are:
- Hannah Delaney, speech pathology, Marquette University
- Lauren Galvin, speech pathology, University of Northern Iowa
- Riley Messinger, nursing, Mount Mercy University
- Marshall Rupe, health and human psychology, University of Iowa
- Eric Shipley, family nurse practitioner, Graceland University
The recipients of two additional Great River Friends scholarships at Southeastern
Community College will be announced later this spring.
Great River Friends is a community of donors and volunteers that supports
Great River Health with the gifts of time, talent and treasure.
For more information, please call Great River Medical Center Volunteer
Services at 319-768-3340.