West Burlington, Iowa, Sept. 18, 2018 – Great River Health is one
of the best places to work in Iowa, according the Des Moines Register’s
2018 Top Workplaces survey. The survey ranked 150 employers in small,
midsized and large categories. The only hospital or health system named
in the large-company category, Great River Health ranked 22nd.
This is the sixth consecutive year that Great River Health has been ranked
on the list.
“Being named one of Iowa’s top large employers six years in
a row is a great honor,” said Matt Wenzel, president and CEO. “Great
River Health System employees are the foundation of everything we do.
Our employees and staff take great pride in providing outstanding care
to the southeast Iowa region.”
The Des Moines Register recognized companies and organizations in Iowa
as top workplaces based solely on surveys about the workplace completed
by their employees.
The anonymous survey focused on six aspects of the workplace environment
- Career – training opportunities and progression
- Conditions – assessment of the working atmosphere and environment
- Direction – assessment of the company’s values, leaders and strategy
- Execution – assessment of how the company communicates and gets work done
- Management – quality and managerial skills
- Pay and benefits – assessment of associate compensation
To learn more about careers at Great River Health, visit