West Burlington, Iowa, June 7, 2018 – Great River Friends recently
awarded $10,000 in scholarships to students pursing health care careers.
Ten $1,000 scholarships were given in two categories. Scholarships for
high school seniors were awarded to:
- Carleigh Cass, Central Lee High School, Pre-Medicine, University of Iowa
- Thea Good, Notre Dame High School, Nursing, Luther College
- Gunnar Hoffer, Danville High School, Paramedic, Southeastern Community College
- Elizabeth Larson, Mount Pleasant High School, Pre-Medicine, University of Iowa
- Isaac Eigner-Bybee, Mediapolis High School, Pre-Medicine, University of Iowa
Continuing-college scholarship winners were:
- Hannah Delaney, Speech Pathology and Audiology, Marquette University
- Mallory LaFary, Occupational Therapy, St. Ambrose University
- Ashley Maccholz, Exercise Science and Wellness, Iowa Wesleyan University
- Trina Smith, Master of Science in Nursing, Walden University
- Megan Wilson, Radiologic Technology, University of Iowa
Great River Friends is a community of donors and volunteers that supports
Great River Health Systems with the gifts of time, talent and treasure.
For more information, please call Great River Medical Center Volunteer
Services at 319-768-3340.