Great River Friends recently awarded $10,000 in scholarships to students
pursing health care careers.
Ten $1,000 scholarships were given in three categories. Scholarships for
high school seniors were awarded to:
- Will Fox, Hamilton (Illinois) High School, pre-med, Monmouth College
- Nick Pothitakis, Holy Trinity High School, pre-dentistry, University of Iowa
- Zach Rashid, Notre Dame High School, pre-med, Yale University
- Marshall Rupe, Mediapolis High School, pre-med, University of Iowa
Continuing-college scholarship winners were:
- Nick Anderson, health education and promotion, University of Northern Iowa
- Lorin Fisher, pharmacy, University of Iowa
- Riley Messenger, nursing, University of Iowa
- Luis Rascon, pre-med, Boston University
The recipients of Great River Friends’ Southeastern Community College
- Mikayla Brown, nursing
- Andi Langer, nursing
Great River Friends is a community of donors and volunteers that supports
Great River Health with the gifts of time, talent and treasure.
For more information, please call Great River Medical Center Volunteer
Services at (319) 768-3340.