Great River Health' Childbirth Prep series will begin Thursday,
Sept. 7, in the Oak Room at Great River Medical Center, 1221 S. Gear Ave.,
West Burlington, IA. Four weekly classes will meet from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Childbirth Prep helps expectant parents prepare for the birth and helps
alleviate fear through knowledge. The classes are for women in their sixth
or seventh months of pregnancy and their partners or birth coaches. Mothers-to-be
should come dressed in comfortable slacks and bring a pillow and blanket.
The series includes:
- An extensive tour of the Women and Family Center
- Discussion, questions and answers about labor and delivery
- Vaginal and cesarean-section birth information
- Birthing videos
- Pain-relief options
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Completing preadmission paperwork
A condensed Childbirth Prep class is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 9.
Registration is required. To register or receive more information, please
call Great River Corporate Education at (319) 768-4070 or toll-free 866-297-9516,
between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Register online at